Essential employment paperwork in Brussels




Only EU citizens can work in Belgium without a work permit. You will need a sponsor before you can apply for an employment visa. The company’s Human Resource department should be able to assist and advise you on your application.

For more information, click here.

You will need the following to apply for a Business Visa:

  • A passport that’s valid for at least six months
  • Completed visa application forms
  • One recent passport size photo
  • A copy of your flight itinerary or travel ticket to Belgium
  • Letter from your company (on company letterhead and signed by someone other than you) addressed to the Belgian Embassy
  • Sponsor’s letter from associated companies or other references in Belgium.


Corporate income tax in Belgium is applied on income derived worldwide. Foreign companies are taxed at 33.99% nominal ordinary tax rate. For small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) with a taxable profit not more than €322,500, the tax rate is 24.98%.

A progressive rate of individual income tax is levied. The table below shows the tax rates:



Up to €7,560


€7,560 – €10,760

30% on band over €7,560

€10,760 – €17,920

40% on band over €10,760

€17,920 – €32,860

45% on band over €17,920

Over €32,860     

50% on all income over €32,860