Applying for a Visa in Kuala Lumpur



Tourist Visa

Citizens of many countries, including the US, UK and other Commonwealth countries, do not require a visa to enter Malaysia for short stays. If you do require a visa, you will need to apply for it before entering Malaysia. People on a tourist visa are not allowed to take up employment in Malaysia.

Spouse or Dependent Visa

An expat spouse/partner is not allowed to work unless he/she is a professional, for example, someone who works in the medical field. In that case, they will need to apply for their own employment visa.

Student Visa

This visa is for any foreigner who wishes to study in Malaysia in any approved private or public educational institution. Application for the visa must be made through the respective educational institution prior to entry.