Finding an International School in Sydney



Expats relocating to Sydney will find an impressive list of international schools to choose from. Though many local schools use English, most foreign assignees enrol their kids in international institutions because it allows them to continue with the curriculum used in their home country. 

A majority of international schools in Sydney are language specific such as French and German. There are also several co-educational institutions that offer the globally recognised International Baccalaureate Program (IB) which is one of the most sought after curricula of expat parents. As with any cities abroad, the tuition fee of the international schools in Sydney is quite expensive so it's best for foreign assignees to negotiate with their employer for their child’s educational assistance. 

School Choices

Located near the heart of the city’s Central Business District, International Grammar School is an independent and co-educational institution for children from pre-school through grade 12. It was established in 1984 and currently handles the education of over 1200 students from various nationalities. IGS uses the International Baccalaureate Programme (IB) and has exchange programmes for students in Year 8 and 9 to sister schools in China or Spain while those in Years 10 and 11 are part of exchanges to Japan, France, Italy and Germany. 

        4-8 Kelly St, Ultimo Sydney NSW 2007

        Tel. No.: +61 2 9219 6700

The German International School use German Immersion Programme for students in primary school or Grades 1 to 6. Those who are in secondary schools are divided into two streams: the German stream, which is attended by almost 85% of the school’s total students and English stream which is composed of the remaining 15% who still attend German language classes. It also uses International Baccalaureate Programme (IB) on some of its subjects upon the parents’ request based on their children’s previous educational background. 

        33 Myoora Road Terrey Hills NSW 2084

        Tel. No.: +61 2 9485 1900

The International French School of Sydney or also known as Lycée Condorcet is a language based co-educational institution for students from Pre-school to Grade 12. It operates under the regulation of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and follows the educational system of France. English is also widely used in Lycée Condorcet in accordance to their support to promote bilingualism where grades 10 to 12 are taught entirely in English in preparation for their International Baccalaureate (IB) examination. 

        758 Anzac Parade, Maroubra NSW 2035

        Tel.No.: +61 2 9344 8692



Find Top Schools for your Child in Australia in Sydney

Compare International Schools and find the best opportunities

Enquire Now!