Question in Tax Law

Question : As an American living in the Netherlands, how can I file for my taxes?

Answer from Jan-Hein van Leeuwen, expert in Tax Law

As outlined a US National will remain liable for US taxation even when this US National has become a tax resident of the Netherlands. We would suggest to either file a US tax return yourself or hire a US tax specialist to do it for you. As for Dutch taxes, it is possible to file an income tax return yourself online except for the year of migration that can only be filed on paper. However all will be solely in the Dutch language, and you may miss certain tax benefits if you are not aware of all the possibilities. Therefore in some cases it may be wise to hire a Dutch tax specialist.

Jan-Hein van Leeuwen - Expert in Tax Law

Phone number : +31(0)205210390, +31(0)646605520

Website : Go to Jan-Hein van Leeuwen's website

Other questions to Jan-Hein van Leeuwen