Question in Getting a Job

Question : I am a foreigner studying in Amsterdam, am I allowed to have a part-time job? What are the requirements I need to have to work part time as a foreign student here?

Answer from Flor de Maria Paredes Mattos, expert in Getting a Job

If you are from the EU/EEA (but not from Croatia) or Switzerland, while studying in the Netherlands, you are free to work without restrictions.

If you are from Croatia, or from a country outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland, there are some restrictions if you want to take a job next to your studies. You need a permit, and you can only work for a maximum of ten hours a week or, instead, you can work full-time during the summer months of June, July and August. Your employer needs to apply for your work permit. The organisation that issues work permits is called UWV.

Other questions to Flor de Maria Paredes Mattos