Question in Small Businesses & Startups

Question : What are the requirements to register my small business as a foreigner in London?

Answer from Tom Redfern, expert in Small Businesses & Startups

If by small business, you mean a company, then all that is required is to register the company at Companies House, to include a legal address known as the registered office, then to register for corporation tax. VAT registration is not essential unless the annual turnover will be £81,000 or more. Payroll registration is only necessary if employees are to be employed. A bank account will be required, and this will involve satisfying the Bank’s due diligence inquiries about the directors and shareholders.

Tom Redfern - Expert in Small Businesses & Startups

Phone number : +44 (0) 2036 179 271

Website : Go to Tom Redfern's website

Other questions to Tom Redfern