Question in Family and Children

Question : What do I need to give birth to my expat child in Seoul?

Answer from Adele Vitale, expert in Family Life

First and foremost, your Alien Registration Cards. Upon your prenatal appointments, you will receive some tests (these vary according to the hospital) and a booklet to record this information will be provided –make sure you bring that too once you go into labour. Obviously, unless your insurance has a direct billing agreement with your birthing facility, you’ll need to settle the bill before leaving the hospital; fees vary between a few hundred thousand won to several millions, depending on the interventions you received, length of stay, choice of private Vs shared room, meal options, treatments for mom and/or baby, etc. 

Adele Vitale - Expert in Family Life

Phone number : 010 4872 8051

Website : Go to Adele Vitale's website

Other questions to Adele Vitale