Important administrative matters in Ho Chi Minh City



It is recommended that you register yourself and your family members with your embassy or consulate upon your arrival.

You are also required to register yourself for tax return purposes. Check with your company’s Human Resource department to see if they can help you with the paperwork.

Important addresses for arriving expatriates:

5th Floor, The Landmark Building 5B Ton Duc Thang, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City                                                                                                            

Tel: +84 8 829 6035                                 

British Consulate General, 25 Le Duan District 1, Ho Chi Minh City                                                                                                                   

Tel: +84 8 829 8433                                                                                            

126 Nguyen Dinh Chieu - Q. 3, Ho-Chi-Minh-City                                                                                                                

Tel: + 84 8 829 1967                 

4 Le Duan Blvd., District 1, Ho Chi Minh City                                                                                                                    

Tel: +84 8 822 9433                                                                


Tourist Visa

Only citizens of Asean countries, Korea, Japan, and Scandinavia, can visit Vietnam without an entry visa. Citizens of all other nations are advised to get an entry visa before leaving or a pre-approved entry visa which is issued upon arrival at Vietnam’s international airports within thirty days.

Spouse or Dependent Visa

This type of visa entitles the holder to stay for a period of 90 days which can be applied for an extension at the Office of the Immigration Bureau. The spouse of someone who has a work permit and residence visa will be allowed to work as well.

Student Visa

This visa is for people intending to study in an approved educational institution in Vietnam. To apply for the visa, you will need to submit your passport and supporting documents, such as a letter of acceptance, from your sponsor which is usually the educational institution.